INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Mixed fruits pavlova


If you're wondering what exactly is a pavlova, it's actually a meringue-based dessert with a light crispy crust and soft sweet marshmallow center. The method of making a pavlova doesn't differ much from making meringue just that it's way larger!

So, this afternoon I decided to deal with the egg whites, sugar, kiwis, blueberries, grapes and whipping cream. In fact it was simpler than I thought because baking macaron shells is even more tedious. The only mistake which I made was that I didn't beat the egg whites long enough thus the peak eventually dropped after it was cooled.

Nevertheless, I'm still glad that it was successful! Mixed fruits are not the most ideal for my own personal preference because I'm a fan of mixed berries (sadly it isn't berries season now) but if you're a fan of tropical fruits, do give this a shot! :>

No comments:

Post a Comment