INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Monday, March 4, 2013

A letter to myself

1. Study hard - The finals are around corner, in less than two months' time and sometimes when I feel like being a couch potato (like today) and when the motivation level drops, I totally can't focus on anything especially studies. Well I guess, only stress can do this job well. 

2. Work hard - Maybe I'm not like some others or I'm just like some others that I've gotta earn my own allowances, not for additional spendings but for necessities and extra savings. It's exhausting and sometimes I wish I still could be sleeping like a log on a sunday morning than dragging my feet to work. 

3. Keeping in touch with everyone - I need more time but sometimes we're the controller of it. Just yesterday, I was wondering about how long have I not really caught up with everyone around me. Usually, everyone only meet up in special occasions and not as frequent as when we were younger, had more time because the only commitment was just studies. This is probably a part of growing up. We tend to have lesser time, more commitments but all these are not excuses to stop keeping in touch with everyone around you. Least, try your best to do so.

4. Spend less and save more - Who can resist temptations of pretty clothes around with all the updated cyber circulation of new online collections and cafe-hopping for some comfort food? It's rather tough, isn't it? Especially girls. But all these aren't needs, just wants. Listing down the needs, try to reduce the wants and maybe you would realize you'd be able to spend on something more interesting than the norms.

5. Be more appreciative, thankful and grateful - As I'm starting to grow older, I've realized that sometimes certain things in life are just inevitable. You wouldn't know what you'll lose one day, you wouldn't know what may happen tomorrow, you see sometimes some people just couldn't even see tomorrow. Treasure everything you've in your life, appreciate the good and the bad because bad isn't the worst, bad will only get better.

No comments:

Post a Comment