INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Thursday, March 22, 2012

The things I no longer feel

 I remember feeling invincible, like nothing could ever get taken away from me. I would always have these limbs, these fingers, these hands, this body. I owned it. It was mine. I was going to stay the same forever. I don’t feel that way anymore.

I remember feeling like I had a set list of things I would never do in my life and thinking I was going to feel the same way forever about things. My opinions would never change. I had drawn a line in the sand and there was no way I was going to change it. Inflexibility and stubbornness - I remember feeling these two things constantly. I don’t feel them anymore.

I remember feeling like no one would ever hurt me - You’re supposed to treat me with care after I’ve exposed all of my vulnerabilities to you. You’re supposed to protect me and make me feel good about people. I remember feeling this way, I remember being naive and trusting. I don’t feel that way anymore though.

No comments:

Post a Comment