INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Rose macaron


"Ehhhhh don't disturb me leh, I'm having difficulty handling the muffin dough!" 


Didn't manage to snap the picture of his mashed potato but it was heavenly and I really like it so much that I requested to have that again this weekend (you know what you should do and I know you'll be reading this hee)!


First batch of macaron shells, the only tray that has completely smooth texture.


Now compare the first tray and second tray of cracked ones. Even though, both are from the same meringue dough, the colours differ due to over-exposed of the dough (according to my mom).


I had quite a hard time making the rose buttercream and as usual, I'm a complete noob in that but nevertheless, my rose macarons succeeded! 

Anyway for those who are curious where I got the recipe from, you can check out foodwishes for macaron shells and youcandoitathome for the rose buttercream (: 


Look at this fellow attacking my bed, my phone and my polka bunny ):


Aftermath of baking + cooking + whipping up random dishes with whatever ingredients we have. So basically, I made macarons while he whipped up mashed potato, (failed) english muffins supposedly to be made into eggs benny but oh well failed hahaha, bacons and scrambled eggs! And all thanks to this boy, I'm addicted to wang zai niu nai. 

Till then, xx!

No comments:

Post a Comment