INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Sunday, October 28, 2012

The perks of being a wallflower


I was overjoyed and so intoxicated when I finally managed to catch this movie yayyyyyy after waiting for more than a year?! Yes it was that long and since the day I read the book, I fell in love (fyi, I'm nowhere near a bookworm and in fact I rarely read) and knowing that it's gonna be filmed into a movie casting logan lerman, emma watson, ezra miller and nina dobrev was totally whoa-oh-whoa-aaaaa-ooooo!! I even had the thought then, 'hmm maybe I'd be attached next year and I'll be able to catch this with my boyfriend' but no I'm still alone, nobody wants me sadly haha just kidding it ain't that sad afterall. 

Okay getting back on track, the movie plot was better than I thought it'd be since movies from books won't be as great as the book itself just like let me in, the ending sucks pretty badly but this was so different, the ending was almost perfect, imo. 

Maybe I should just re-read this book again, still my fav till now.

"I don’t know if you’ve ever felt like that. That you wanted to sleep for a thousand years. Or just not exist. Or just not be aware that you do exist. Or something like that. I think wanting that is very morbid, but I want it when I get like this. That’s why I’m trying not to think. I just want it all to stop spinning."

"It's just that I don't want to be somebody's crush. If somebody likes me, I want them to like the real me, not what they think I am. And I don't want them to carry it around inside. I want them to show me, so I can feel it too."

"I just need to know that someone out there listens and understands and doesn't try to sleep with people even if they could have. I need to know these people exist."

2 comments: