INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Friday, November 8, 2013

Ocean Restaurant // GJ's 23rd

It was GJ's 23rd birthday yesterday and I've actually planned about a month plus ahead and booked ocean restaurant in advance. However, he had totally no clues where I was bringing him to besides the fact I accidentally disclosed sentosa as the location.



While waiting for the shuttle bus at hotel michael as that's probably the fastest route to equarius hotel. Luck was on our side somehow, we managed to get on a buggy instead of the bus and he was all so excited like a kid and emphasizing how awesome the buggy ride was.


This is the amazing view upon stepping into the restaurant. I wish I can describe how shocked GJ was when he saw this. He said, he didn't imagine it to really be an 'ocean' kind of ocean restaurant. Well, this has indeed made my surprise pay off!


The waiters served us complimentary tomato based mousse and bread while waiting for our starters and main courses.


Duck liver starter for him


King crab salad as starter for myself! The portion was relatively small but I'm a big fan of crab so how can I miss this right?

And here comes our main courses right after our starters......


King salmon with hokkaido scallop for me and I was astonished by the salmon initially because it looks completely like sashimi (which I don't eat at all). Then I actually requested if I can make it more cooked but the waiter said, it is only nice when it's being eaten like this. So I had no choice but to try it and it actually turns out pretty good, tasted much like normal cooked salmon just that it looks like sashimi!


Wagyu beef and tenderloin for him which he complained that the serving is very small for the price. Oh well, it's fine dining so what do you expect?

And our desserts......


I really love how this platter of passion fruit can mix so well with banana and chocolate!


Mont blanc for him and I'm glad I didn't order this because the alcohol taste was slightly too strong for my liking but I guess he did enjoy it.

 photo DSC02939_zpse839dfe5.jpg photo DSC02951_zps63640d9c.jpg
 photo DSC02947_zpsddffcf4e.jpg photo DSC02954_zpsbfd028c0.jpg

A complimentary birthday cake from ocean restaurant which he sort of expected it.

All in all, it was indeed an eye opener to be dining in such an exquisite restaurant! Service was excellent and food was fabulous (except portions were really rather small) even though it's quite costly.

Oh prior to that, I actually surprised him at his hall before bringing him to this place.


A specially baked red velvet cheesecake and hand made collage for him. If you're wondering what I actually got for him, there isn't any tangible present besides the collage because I bought him an air tix to HK a few weeks ago so cheerios to our second getaway in january yay!

I know you'll be reading this, so once again happy 23rd birthday to you my dearest (and also shittiest since you like poopz so much) boyfriend! Certainly hope you've enjoyed it, lava you <3 (:

No comments:

Post a Comment