INSTAGRAM @ MELODYINTHEMIST

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Skylight fading in a distance

If I could tell you how I really feel, would you tell me you feel it back? Would it be the happy ending that I’ve rehearsed in my mind, every moment since I met you? The rehearsal, so you know, just in case I ever do tell you how I really feel, goes like this:

"I look down for a moment after I say the word, your brief moment of shock comes to an end, and I feel your breath against my cheek.

“I want to be yours,” you say, and my face rises up to meet your lips. You kiss me.
“I’ve wanted this all along,” I’ll say.
“I’ve wanted this all along,” you’ll say.
And we’ll laugh as we kiss, in an ode to our joint stupidity."

That will only happen in dreams, don't they? I wouldn't deny I miss being in love. These days, I admit, I've been reminiscing quite a lot about the past. Wonderful memories, of course and foregoing the bad ones. I miss being young because when we fall in love or rather getting ourselves into such thing as relationship, we can afford to make mistakes and learn. What about now? We can't afford to or should I put this way, we wouldn't dare to make any mistakes now because sometimes those mistakes hurt and getting through that would a tough procedure. 

Time check, 1:12 am now... and my heart feels so heavy which I don't even know why. I swear this feeling is as bad as you knowing why your heart is feeling so or it may be worse than that. At least you can do something about it if you know why but I can do nuts about it now. Jeez le sigh, maybe the sleeping devil should kill me right now so that I can actually have sufficient sleep for morning shift later.

No comments:

Post a Comment